Thursday, August 21, 2008

Sad news

I've been watching new on TV these past few days and I am not happy with all the bad news I'm hearing. First, is the war in Mindanao. Innocent people, particularly women and children, were killed with no reason at all. Then there's this call center supervisor who was killed in the taxi on the way home. Very scary. Then yesterday, I've read on the local newspaper about a retired public school teacher was deprived from her pension in GSIS. Then another teacher got a housing loan few years back, but the interest was so high that they cannot afford to pay until they literally took the house from her. Wait, there's more, according to the news, GSIS did not gave her pension because of her enormous debt to GSIS. I'm deeply hurt by this. I mean, who wants to settle down in a country where there's no good retirement program, right? That's why me and husband are decided to move out of the country... soon. I pray that our papers will push through.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008